Sunday, October 8, 2017

Pumpkin Sunflower Seed Bars

Okay, so I keep saying I am going to get this blog up and going, so I am hereby challenging myself to write a blog post daily for 30 days! Yes, no if ands or but's. 
So the boys are still gluten, nightshade free, tree nut free, seafood and shellfish free. No changes there. But I did create an awesome snack for them last night! What can I call it? I think I will call it a Pumpkin Sunflower seed Nut bar! The recipe is pretty simple, it may need some revising just because I didn't think the bars were as hard as I wanted them to be, but that will give me an excuse for another post on another day 

Here are the ingredients I used:
2 cups Pumpkin Seeds
1 cup Sunflower seeds
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconuts
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown rice syrup
1/4 cup sunflower butter
Parchment Paper
8x8 pan
This is what I did:
Preheat oven 350
Mix the first 3 ingredients together.
Heat the last 3 ingredients until stirrable...is that a word?
Then mix the sticky mixture with the Seed and shredded coconut
Put Parchment paper in pan with enough to cover the top of the mixture.
Press the ingredients in and press into place using the excess parchment paper
Cook for 10-15 minutes checking around 10 to make sure not to burn.
Take out, let cook for a while
Put in fridge for 30 minutes
Take out of Fridge and cut with a sharp knife.Should make about 12 bars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment